Glenn B. “Wilby” Klaner, age 39, of Clarksville, experienced an unexpected BSoD caused by a natural hardware failure (or as his sister would say “Acute Coronary Syndrome”) and was unable to be rebooted on December 7, 2019.
Born April 11, 1980 in Waynesburg, he is the son of Tad and Linda (Carpenter) Klaner, of Waynesburg.
Wilby was a 1998 graduate of Waynesburg Central High School and obtained his computer degree from Penn Commercial School of Business. He enjoyed tinkering with computers, cars, and A.T.V.’s typically with a 70% chance of fixing them, 20% chance of breaking them and a 10 % chance of losing interest and taking a nap. Wilby worked in the IT industry which he was passionate about, and the computers never judged him for unplugging them and plugging them back in. His greatest IT challenge was teaching his parents to point and click which frustrated him greatly. He will be fondly remembered for his complete inability to read social situations and gleefully blurt out the most horrifically inappropriate comment at exactly the wrong time to the blank stares of anyone within earshot while giggling like he had just mic dropped the most clever and hilarious one liner ever. Social ineptitude aside, he was also one of the first people that would volunteer to help you with whatever project or problem you might need help solving at the time…. other than cleaning.
In addition to his parents he is survived by two siblings, Heather (Jeffrey) Wright, of Gandeeville, WV and Todd (Erin) Klaner, of Waynesburg, PA; grandfather, Nelson Klaner, of Waynesburg, PA; three nieces, Kaylen Wilson, Teagan and Ealyn Klaner; cats, Gizzy and Tribble; best friend and canine, Chewy.
Friends will be received at Kesterson-Rush Funeral Home, LLC. 3275 W. Roy Furman Hwy. Rogersville, PA 15359. Telephone: 724-499-5181, on Tuesday, December 10, 2019 from 2-4 p.m. and 6-8 p.m. A funeral service will be held on Wednesday, December 11, 2019 at 1:00 p.m. with Pastor Phil Campbell, officiating. Burial will follow at Rosemont Cemetery, Center Twp., PA.
In lieu of flowers, the family asks that you make a donation of dog food or supplies to the Greene County Humane Society, 183 Jefferson Rd. Waynesburg, PA 15370, in Wilby’s name.
Please view and sign the online tribute wall at www.kestersonfh.com.