This property was originally owned by C.F. Wood and his wife who sold furniture and performed undertaking. They sold the business to Ralph Scott and James F. Adamson on March 7, 1925. Mr. Scott was a licensed undertaker and Mr. Adamson was not, but he held 1/2 interest in the business.
After Mr. Scott's death in 1945, the Adamson's and Mrs. Scott operated the funeral home until 1948, when the Adamson's sold their 1/2 interest in the business to Mrs. Scott, making her the sole owner of the business which operated as the Scott Funeral Service until February 9, 1956. She then sold the funeral home to Mr. and Mrs. Robert L. Lantz, operating under the name Robert L. Lantz Funeral Home until Mr. Lantz retired May 1, 1985. When Mr. Carl E. (Gene) Rush purchased the funeral home and property which now operates under the name, Rush Funeral Home, Inc.
Like Mr. and Mrs. Lantz, Mr. Rush is a native of Greene County, having been born in Waynesburg, PA, a son of the late Alvie M. Rush, Jr. and Opal Louise Burns Rush. Gene has been involved in the funeral industry since his discharge from the U.S. Air Force in 1972. From July 1972 and while attending Robert Morris College and after graduating from the Pittsburgh Institute of Mortuary Science in 1975, he was employed by the former Ferrell Funeral Home in Claysville, PA until July 1982. On May 1, 1985 he purchased the business from Hulda Jean and the late Robert Lantz. Carl "Gene" Rush owned and operated the funeral home for 30 years. On April 6, 2016, Tony and Phylicia Kesterson, a husband and wife funeral director team purchased the funeral home and now operate as Kesterson-Rush Funeral Home, LLC.
Our Staff's Commitment to You.
Staff members of Kesterson-Rush Funeral Home are caring and experienced professionals who understand that each family is unique and has personal requests and traditions. These requests and traditions are of utmost importance to our staff of licensed funeral directors.
Kesterson-Rush Funeral Home